Compression therapy is used for a variety of reasons, with the primary intent of preventing varicose veins and keeping current venous problems under control such as edema and skin breakdown.You may be at risk for vein disease if you suffer from one or more of the warning signs listed below. If so, talk to your family physician about treatment options including compression therapy.
- Tired, heavy-feeling legs. Leg pain from prolonged sitting or standing.
- Swollen ankles at the end of the day.
- Varicose or spider veins. Tingling, numbness, burning, or cramping in legs and feet.
- Discoloration of the skin.
- Open sores or ulcers on lower leg.
- History of vein problems in the family.
Everyone can benefit from compression socks, especially those experiencing any of the above warning signs, women during pregnancy, and athletes. Compression stockings range from knee high, to thigh high, to full pantyhose, and will vary in strength from 15-50 mmHg.
Our certified fitters will work with you to find the best compression stockings to meet your needs and to ensure that you are comfortable putting on, wearing, and caring for your compression garments. We carry a full selection of Jobst, Juzo and other compression stockings to allow for a wide range of sizes, styles, and color selections. Call or stop in to speak with one of our certified fitting specialists!